Saturday, June 6, 2009

Instrument of the week - Cabasa!

After attending a Music Therapy workshop today, I thought I'd talk briefly about a Music Therapists qualifications. To become a Music Therapist, one must receive a Music Therapy degree from an accredited university (I believe their are currently about 70 offering bachelor's, master's and/or doctoral degrees in Music Therapy). Upon completion of the coursework, the individual must complete a 6 month internship working with the population he/she has chosen. After completing the internship, a Music Therapist can then sit for the Board Certification exam to become certified throught the Certification Board for Music Therapists. To retain this certification, a Music Therapist must participate in continuing education to stay abreast of research and new techniques.
If you would like to find out more about Music Therapy or to find a Music Therapist in your area, please contact the American Music Therapy Association. Their website is . The phone number is (301) 589-3300. More on this later...
But now, the instrument of the week!
Tomorrow: Cabasa activities

No comments:

Post a Comment